Thursday, October 3, 2013

DIY PERSONALIZED NECKLACES

Remember the first time you saw "Sex in the City" and wanted a necklace like just Carrie's? Either you didn't have money for it or if  you're younger, your mom said no! Well, let's make our own!



Is your name uncommon or common but spelled differently? No problem. That's the beauty of DIY, we can do whatever we want. Since, my daughter's middle name is uncommon, I decided to make one for her. 

I went to Wally World a.k.a.Walmart and picked up a pack of Alphabet Beads for $3.97 and a Necklace Kit for $3.00 that includes a chain, lobster claw clasps, toggle clasps, "O" rings, crimpers and wire.


This was so easy to make. I measured (2) 7 1/2 inch chains and laid out the letters with gold ball accents.


Thread the wire through the crimper and the chain link.


Fold the wire and go back through the crimper and use your pliers to flatten the crimper. This will prevent the wire from coming out.


Clip off the excess wire and thread your beads.


Once you have done that, repeat step one, thread wire through crimper and chain link, flatten crimper and clip off excess wire.




Now just use "O" rings to attach the lobster claw clasp.



I got carried away and made one for my friend Brittney and me. Since my name is so short, I added beads in between each letter.



So for about $7.00, I made three necklaces and have the materials to make many more. I think I'll make a bracelet next.

No comments:

Post a Comment