Tuesday, October 29, 2013

COSTUME JEWELRY

Have you ever purchased costume jewelry from Forever 21 or any accessory store only for it to lose it's "gold" look after wearing it 3 or 4 times? Or sometimes it turns green? The obvious reason is because it's not real gold. It's usually plated over brass or copper and when it comes in contact with your skin, the acid from your sweat reacts to form salts that are green and you sometimes see that residue on your skin.

I just bought these pieces and I wanted to preserve the look for more than 3 or 4 wears.


A trick that I use is Mod Podge Gloss Clear Acrylic Sealer. I bought this can from Walmart for less than $6.00.

*ALWAYS SPRAY OUTSIDE*

I took a shoe box top and covered it with a plastic bag.



Arrange the jewelry on the plastic bag and make sure they are not touching.


Spray 12-15 inches from the jewelry. Wait 15 minutes and flip over and spray the back.



After the pieces are sprayed, I recommend storing the jewelry in cellophane bags.



Voila, what a beautiful shine!


No comments:

Post a Comment