Monday, August 26, 2013

DIY YSL

To-MAY-toe or To-MAH-toe! Yves Saint Laurent or Saint Laurent! Why did they drop the "Yves"? The reason, they say, was to make it more streamline.  I prefer Yves Saint Laurent and I want to be a part of the iconic brand. I present to you, the infamous YSL logo t-shirt.

Bow-wizzle
Turn up, Bron Bron!


In honor of YSL and DIY, I thought I would combine my two loves. I went online, printed the logo, cut it out and glued it to a cardboard box top. I used a straight edge and made my own stencil.



I went to A.C. Moore again and purchased plain t-shirts, 3 for $10.00. I already had fabric paint from a previous DIY project.

I used the ruler to mark the center, put cardboard inside the shirt to prevent the paint soaking through and used a styrofoam plate for the paint.





I used thumb tacks to secure the stencil and the cut-out cardboard pieces that define the lines in the "Y" and the "S".



Voila!


Let the shirt dry for 24 hours and wash before wearing.

1 comment: