Thursday, July 10, 2014

REPOST: DIY CHAIN RING BRACELETS

While shopping on vacation in Myrtle Beach, I purchased a chain ring anklet for my daughter. It retailed for $14.99. Now, she didn't try it on until we got back home, and when she did, the chain around the toe came loose. I'm thinking I wasted my money, I can't return it, I shouldn't have bought it.




After fixing it, I told her to just wear it on her hand. But it was too big , because it was meant for a foot. I go online to see what was the going rate for chain ring bracelets. I check Etsy and I saw these.




They are charging $24 to $59 for a simple design. Because I spent almost $15 for a anklet that came apart, I knew I had to try and make one.

I got my pliers, "O" rings, and two gold rings and chains from an old necklace.


I measured the lengths on my daughter's hand and then laid out the design.


I attached each chain with the "O" rings.





Make sure you measure carefully before assembling the bracelet, because the chain that connects the ring part to the bracelet was toooo long and I had to shorten it and reassemble it. After trial and error, which is the mainstay of DIY, I'm proud to present the finished product.






No comments:

Post a Comment