Saturday, July 12, 2014

CHEAP BEDROOM MAKEOVER

Remember the movie, Purple Rain? Well, I love Prince and the movie so much,
 I painted my room purple. 


I enjoyed it while it lasted, but the room appeared smaller that it actually was. The easiest and cheapest solution to begin a makeover is with paint. I purchased a gallon of primer and a gallon of Colorplace semi-gloss antique white paint from Walmart, both for under $30 and got to work.


Let me tell you, it took a couple of coats. That stubborn purple was just peeking through everywhere.


I got these mirrors from Ikea, a while ago, and painting around them was a task in itself!


And oh yeah, I chose the hottest day to paint. I was sweating like a banshee. What was I thinking?


Well, after a week of priming/painting, here is the finished product. My daughter's friend, Hope, gifted me a robin's egg blue candle and from there the color theme began. I purchased the white owl from T.J. Maxx for $9.99. The beautifully crafted wooden apple was an incredible find from Unique for only $2.49. I purchased the white sheets from Walmart for about $18.00 and the white down comforter was a steal from Target for $24.99. These beautiful pink Gerber daisies purchased from Gray's Florist added the right pop of color.


Purchased the Life is Beautiful pillow from T.J. Maxx for $12.99. Using the colors from that pillow, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased fabrics to make these chevron and paisley throw pillows for less than $8.00 a half yard.

tutorial coming soon

         I picked up this white linen/metal basket from Unique for $2.49 and used it as a plant holder. 

Cateracterum Palm from Home Depot

  I already had purchased this area rug from Target and it added a bold graphic print to the all white room.


 This heirloom cherry blanket rack retails for $45, but I lucked up and got this one from Unique for $5.99. 


*updated w/fresh yellow flowers*

Added all up, this makeover was under $120.
But looks like a million bucks!
(at least to me it does!)



No comments:

Post a Comment