Monday, October 14, 2013

LEATHER IS TRENDING PART 2

Leather is still trending. Three of the biggest names in music are seen here rocking leather shirts.

Justin Bieber                                                         Kendrick Lamar                                                            Kanye

You already know what I'm thinking. That's right Imma make my own "leather"shirt. While in Unique, I found a faux leather skirt, size 2X and I had a black shirt that I purchased from A.C. Moore for $3.33.


I'm going to replace the front panel of the shirt with the faux leather, so I cut along the seams and removed it, but I left the collar of the T-shirt and the sleeves.



First I cut one side of the skirt and then cut it in half. Then I used the front panel that I cut from the T-shirt as my pattern to cut the skirt and pinned the pattern to the faux leather skirt.



After I cut it, I pinned it inside out on the T-shirt, taking special care while pinning on the collar.




Guess what happened? Since I cut the skirt in half, it wasn't long enough, so I took the bottom half of the front panel to put at the bottom of the faux leather. I had to sew that together before I could sew the side seams.




After about an hour or so, I am happy with the finished product.


Here's how the collar turned out.

It was a little snug on me. I'll give it to my son, it'll hug his muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment