Monday, September 9, 2013

DIY WIRE JEWELRY

Aren't the little "love" necklaces cute? I want one like this from Tina Tang.

$115

But, you know me, I'm like, "I can make that".  So, I google "DIY wire love necklaces" and found this post from Amy of H is for Homemade.







I followed her instructions step by step. I'm like, bet, I already had the pliers, "O" rings and chains from a previous project, all I need to do is buy 16 gauge wire and lobster claw clasps, so I hit up A.C. Moore.


I worked backwards just like she did, which seemed strange at first, since I'm used to writing from the left. But with wire it works better.


This was NOT easy at all!  I used a screw to make the letter "o" and to make the loop in the "L".





I had to take out a couple of links from the chain since the letter "e" sits lower than the capital "L" and added a clasp. Here's the final product. 


Mine's not half bad.

*Update:  I made another one. I'm getting better.*






No comments:

Post a Comment