Friday, September 27, 2013

DIY LEATHER BIB NECKLACE

Bib necklaces are all the rage. Look at Kourtney Kardashian making a statement with this bold feather bib necklace.




I decided to make my own, not feather but leather. I had a piece of black felt from a previous project, an old leather coat that I cut the sleeves off, glue gun, ribbon and my sewing kit.

*didn't use the glue gun*


I cut off a piece of leather, sketched a bib template, pinned and cut the felt.



I measured and cut about (17) 2 inch strips of leather.




I folded each strip and sewed the first piece at the bottom and continued upwards.

 I needed another piece of leather to hide the stitching on the strips and to have a finished look.



 I placed the "C" shaped leather on top of the strips and added ribbon to each side.



Here's the final product.


Not too shabby, huh?


Rockin' my bib at work!


No comments:

Post a Comment