Monday, March 31, 2014

$10 BATHROOM MAKEOVER

My old vanity set has been through the ringer. It's not real wood, it's pressed board, also known as particle board and over the years, the laminated veneer that resembles wood has peeled off.  I considered replacing the set and then it dawned on me to just paint it.  Before I began painting, I spackled the worn spot on the bottom of the mirror and vanity and buffed the peeling veneer with sand paper for a smooth surface.





I went to my local Home Depot and purchased a quart of Rust-Oleum paint in flat black for only $8.46.


    It took no time painting the vanity.


After about 10 minutes, I put on a second coat.

  I covered the mirror and painted the frame.
(note to self: next time use painter's tape. The paper got stuck under the mirror frame)



I took down that speaker that was on the left and added a framed picture that I already had.
Here's the finished product.



Not bad for under $10!

No comments:

Post a Comment