Tuesday, December 31, 2013

LEATHER IS TRENDING PART 3

Leather will always be trending. I've made two faux leather shirts for my son, here and here, this time, I'm gonna make one using real leather.

I went to Walmart and bought a boys size 2XL Hanes sweatshirt. Since this is for my son and he prefers a slimmer fit, a mens sweatshirt would have been too bulky. And once again, I'm gonna use my old leather coat.


All I need is the back panel of the coat, so I cut off the surrounding material.






I cut the bottom off, because it was too long.  Used a ruler to center the leather panel. And traced the panel on the front of the sweatshirt and then cut it out.


Next, I turned the sweatshirt inside out and pinned it on the sweatshirt. 





After constantly sticking myself with the pins and about an hour of sewing, here is the finished product.



Here's my son rockin' it.


I love how he's not afraid to wear my creations!


No comments:

Post a Comment