Wednesday, December 11, 2013

CRAFT-MATIC

I was in Target the other day and spotted felt buckets with winter themes like snowmen, snowflakes and reindeer similar to these. They were so cute that I was gonna buy one for each of my co-workers. I said to myself, "I think I can make that".




While in Walmart, I picked up some craft felt for $2.88, magnetic strips for $.97 and wiggly eyes for $.97. Popped in A.C. Moore for super tacky glue.

didn't use the glue sticks

I used a shoe box top to make the stencil for the snowmen.  I didn't want to freestyle, so I used crushed red pepper seasoning for the head, bottle of Voss water for the middle and a spool of netting for the bottom.



I carefully cut it out and used one piece of white felt and traced 4 snowmen.





Next, I just played around and made different hats, a bow tie, cut out some buttons, and used the gold felt for the noses and a pipe.






I suggest doing a dry run and decorate the snowmen before gluing.































Lastly, I peeled the backing off of the self sticking magnetic strips and placed on the back of the snowmen.


VOILA!!






No comments:

Post a Comment