Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DIY RHINESTONE BIB NECKLACE

Bib necklaces are the perfect accessory with anything.  Worn with a simple T-shirt or a party dress, they make a big statement.


Atlantic-Pacific

This Blu Bijoux Crystal Encrusted bib necklace is available here for $45 from max and chloe.com.

currently sold out


 This one is available on Ebay for $108.99



How about we make our own. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a container of clear rhinestones for $15.99 but with the 40% off coupon, the price was only $9.00. I had E6000 super glue and a hot glue gun and left over black felt.




 Before I started gluing, I laid the rhinestones on the felt to create a pattern.



Satisfied with this pattern, I traced it with chalk and took a picture of the pattern, so I could replicate it when it's time to glue.


I cut out the felt and glued on the rhinestones. Be careful not to get the wispy strings from the hot glue on the rhinestones.



 I cut (2) 14 inch pieces of ribbon and sewed them on each side. Remember to cut off the excess felt around the rhinestones.




VOILA!


Looks just as good as the one on Ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment