Saturday, August 9, 2014

HARPER'S BAZAAR WALL ART

Do you have old magazines laying around, piled up in a corner or next to the recycling bin? Before you chuck them, pick out interesting magazine covers and make them into wall art.


 That's just what I did. I have an subscription to Harper's Bazaar and I saved 4 magazines covers that featured Sarah Jessica Parker, Selena Gomez, Olivia Wilde and Gwyneth Paltrow.



I purchased these 4 gold picture frames from Unique for less than $6.00.
Carefully peel off the sticky price tag labels. 


 After taking apart the frame, I placed the clear glass on the cover and cut around the glass. 
I used a box cutter, but you can use scissors or a straight edge.



Insert glass in frame, turn image over and replace back panel.




 Repeat process for the rest of the covers.


Before hanging, layout and arrange the pictures.


SAS Interiors offer templates to fit any wall display.
But, I just used last month's At-A-Glance Calendar page as a template.
You can use any big sheet of paper.

I placed the pictures on the front of the calender page in the opposite
order of how the pictures are to be hung.


I flipped the pictures over and laid the sheet on top.
I penciled over the sawtooth hanger on the back of the picture.


Tape template to the wall and hammer in nails.
So much easier than guessing.


I hung the pictures and marked 2 inches down for the other 2 frames.


This framed art adds just the right pop to my dressing room!


It's like a little art gallery in my house!


No comments:

Post a Comment