Monday, May 5, 2014

THINK PINK!

I'm loving this hot pink color right now! This pop of color takes an outfit to the next level. So vibrant. So bright. I've been on the hunt for a skirt this color. I've gone to my usual thrift shops and my favorite store Target, but to no avail.  So, guess what? You already know, I'm gonna make one.


Rach from Pink Peonies

Priscilla from Prissysavvy

I stopped by my new favorite craft store, Hobby Lobby, and purchased a yard of this pink stretchy fabric, which was $9.99 a yard, but with 40% coupon, only $5.99.



I folded the material in half with the open sides facing me. I used an old pencil skirt as a pattern and cut about a 1 1/2 inch allowance for the seam. (note to self: cut fabric on the fold, so you only have one seam to sew)



As it turned out, I measured incorrectly and the panels were too small, so I cut a third panel and I sewed all three pieces together.



I sewed the last seam in the back. 


Next, I pinned and ironed the hem before sewing, so it will have a nice crisp line.




Added an elastic waist band.


A little tailor's secret, iron down your seams for a more smooth professional look.



Here's my finished product.





Not bad huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment